COUNTDOWN

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Craziness as Usual

I haven't posted in a while.. we are doing well.
I have really popped out forward now. Not just outward. : ) A few people at work just are "noticing"??? One girl said "I thought maybe you just gained a little winter weight"... HA. And all of you that have gained 2 or 6 pounds at 15-16 weeks. Ha... I wish! I think I am up to 22 pounds already at 24 weeks. YIKES. But I am actually gaining slower than I did with Samantha.
I will probably take belly picture soon. I am not so into them this time. I have been definitely getting the crazy emotions lately. I cry at everything. I am emotional anyway and you add the hormones to it and there it goes... I also decided to stop teaching dance so I am sad about that. But I know its for the best....

Samantha has gotten "kicked" by her baby sister and was so cute. Her eyes got huge the first time it happened and now she asks to feel her all the time. On Sunday she was sitting on my lap and said she wanted her baby sister to kick her in the back--which she did. This was a cute idea until right before bedtime Samantha very calmly was talking to my belly and then tried to kick her baby sister back....

We took Sammy to the Chicago Autoshow and she still LOVES VW beattles. She calls them Cute Cars and for the last 3 or 4 months she tells us when and what color the cute car is that she sees. She had a great time with my Dad getting in and out of LOTS of cars and telling everyone to put on their seatbelt! And yes we were looking at our options for a bigger car. I am not thinking my 2 door Alero is going to be any fun with 2 kids in car seats. Andy still refuses to look at minivans. : )
My Dad is obviously the car nut and a few weeks ago I had to call him cause while we were driving home one afternoon Sammy spotted a cute car and then started asking me what EVERY car was that we drove by. My dad loved it!

My cousin Kelly had her 4th baby on Valentine's Day--in a big hurry! Garrett Lee Herst was 8.5 pounds and looks almost exactly like his brothers. She was only in labor about 45 mins.

We have been doing a lot work around the house. We updated the kitchen. Next (once we get out of this tundra weather) we are getting new siding and a roof due to damamge and so I decided to have them do a new front door as well. That project got put on delay when I realized the door they were putting in already was the wrong color. So now we have a half finished front door... I am not good with work in process and I feel like the house is a disaster of dust and piles of stuff that has been moved from one room to another. Next is Sammy's new big girl room. We have already gone from her wanting Nemo to her wanting a Princess or Ariel Room so who knows what we will do?
BEFORE


AFTER




Sammy loved the boxes from the new appliances and even understands that we got a new front door and now always wants to go in it instead of through the garage.




I love catching up with everyone on their blogs! Becky I hope you are feeling okay after your fender bender. THAT IS NOT FUN!

We had an OK Valentine's Day. Andy and I 'celebrated' early by going out on one of the iciest nights that week to a Bulls Game to watch Ryan Bowen from Iowa play for the Hornets. It was fun--and I got to eat stadium food and ice cream! But the weather made me a bit nervous being on the roads. On Valentine's Day we had the cotractors out on two projects so it was a bit stressful. Sammy had a great day with her friends at daycare. She loved her balloons, bears, and candy from Nana and Papa!!! My Mom came back from South Carolina so Sammy got to see her Grandma after 6 weeks of being gone. And she got a Flounder and Ariel Card that she loves.
...My Roses from Andy : )



Well this is a book now so I should be going.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Good to hear from you! I was starting worry! :)