Wed. was obviously a wash since we felt like we were in the wizard of oz...the playhouse flew across the yard..never made it over the fence but that was a scary night! We had water coming in a few of the windows on the back of the house..not something you want when you just bought the house but it was a very weird blowing storm and hopefully we won't be replacing windows... Sorry tangent there.
Thursday I picked up the girls from the pool with daycare where they told me Sammy actually put her face under the water! I watched Ali just go under going after a ring too..she is NUTS. We then headed to the pool at Aunt Janet's. I knew we needed to go cause Sam hadn't been in the water at all on Wed. and I didn't want her to loose the momentum we were gaining on Tuesday...but she did..she fell asleep on the way there so I almost just went home but she eventually "woke up" and got ready to swim... Sam hesitated a bit to even get in and wanted the life jacket on again..finally Aunt Janet came out and said NO LIFE JACKET! Then Sam was whining and only would walk the wall..then finally she got in the middle of the shallow end with Aunt Janet and she made her jump up and down until she finally went under!!!!and came up OK! Then by the end of the night she walked (reluctantly) to me in the middle of the pool without holding on and then jumped in off the side to me! Aunt Janet had to kind of throw her in but she didn't cry so I hope we are making progress. She has her recital and a lot going on this weekend so I am afraid we won't go again until Monday...and we will be starting over. I hope not... It is also exhausting all of us too but I need her to be more comfortable with the water!
ENJOY this wonderful summer weather everyone! Happy Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment