COUNTDOWN

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Swimming....PROGRESS! FROM August 2010...

This summer has definitely been filled with swimming for my girls. We call Ali little brown bear cause she is SO TAN and Sammy likes to show off her "Coppertone butt" ! : )

In the last few weeks our daycare has been telling me that Sam has been MUCH more confident in the water and actually putting her face in the water..not quiet going under but actually putting her face in while she "swims" in the very shallow part of the pool! PROGRESS!

This past Saturday morning I finally got to go to watch Ali's swim lesson. And Alaina is still living up to her FISH status. Her teacher is so impressed with her and recommended her to the last "baby" level already! Sam was a bit jealous of Ali getting so much praise in the water and said she now wants to take lessons..OH BOY last time we tried that she CRIED the whole time so I am a bit leery but yet don't want to shoot down her request...

Saturday afternoon Andy and I were trying desperately to get Samantha's room at least primed so my Dad came over and took my girls to my Aunt Janet's to swim with my Mom. I didn't get to witness it but my Mom claims Sam actually doggie paddled and jumped in from the second step! Ali also decided to do cannon balls..well she would yell it and just step off the edge. She actually gets herself to the surface on her own with no floatation devices which just amazes me for a 2 year old! I tried once or twice putting a floatation device of some sort on Ali and she hates it cause she already understands the water and it slows her down so I want her to be safer but I don't want to deter her learning either...so for now we just have to be right with her 100% of the time when she is in the water.

I have video somewhere of Ali swimming from that class I watched...

And I am so excited to announce that in August we finally went to our pool in our new subdivision! It was so nice. There is a kiddie pool and the girls splashed around and even went in the big pool. Sammy has been awesome in the water now (again thanks to my Aunt Janet). Sammy even finally let go of me in Nana and Papa's pool with floaties on her arms! She did it! I just hope it continues next summer.

No comments: