Alaina started rolling on her own in the last few weeks--front to back and back to front.
She talks so much too and laughs so loud. I love that sound! I wish I could get a chance to upload some of the video I took of her talking... I have no time lately! She sings with you and I swear this morning she said hi mom... She grabs at everything and already puts it all in her mouth. She especially likes to pull the hanging things on her play mat and eats the poor bird and duck. I looked over at her on the mat the other night and she was using her legs and arms at the same time to try and steady that bird to grab it tight. She gets so excited when she gets it too and pumps her legs like she is running a marathon! She loves when we make silly noises at her and sing all kinds of silly songs--she even repeats Andy when he makes the grring noise she can make.
Here is a picture that she actually fell asleep while playing on the mat one afternoon.
Alaina is a bit spoiled--but I guess it is just us trying to keep things moving along at night so she gets tucked under one of our arms as we are on the go around the house! : ) She has been a little stuffy lately and that has thrown off her eating so she has been getting up at around 12 am again and then at 5 am. Which really isn't too bad for a 4 month old. Hopefully once this cold passes she will start sleeping through till 4:30 am again??? She is 4 months today (10/2) but still wearing 0-3 month clothes so she is slightly off season now from Sam's clothes. My sister got her a bunting/coat, a few really cute dresses, and a great Mermaid Halloween costume at a resale recently so I can't wait for her to wear them. I put her in the bunting this morning cause it was 40 degrees! She looked so cute! The cold has come up all of a sudden--I shouldn't be surprised it is October in Chicago.
Samantha is looking more like such a big girl. We can not believe how mature she is at times and of course how very toddler she is 2 seconds later. She wants to do EVERYTHING by herself these days. Which I know is a good thing but I am having trouble remembering what it is she likes to do on her own and she gets VERY upset if I try to do it. She is writing her name more and more and loves to draw these days. She will ask me what I want her to draw and then creates great abstract 3 year old art! Sammy the other night wanted to use the computer and do math--she tried but the mouse was huge for her little fingers so we bought her a tiny travel mouse that is so cute and she is trying to figure out the preschool games I found on-line. And also she wanted to type on Daddy's laptop and spell her name.
She is loving her dance class. I even heard the teacher last week ask if anyone knew what ballet position she was standing in and Samantha answered then she did 2nd position and Samantha answered--then she did the next one and said "Someone other than Samantha..." Her teacher Sara told me at class last week that Samantha really talks well, but a lot--her major in college is speech path.
This is a leotard that Nicole P. bought her when she was born. She is finally wearing it! Yes it looks like she has black eyes--its from mosquito bites on both eyes.... Before it got cold out this week Samantha was playing outside almost everyday with Rose and Sydney--Some of the "big girls" from the neighborhood. She loved it and it gave me a chance to try to get something done when we got home from work.
Samantha has made a new friend Kelsy at daycare that loves dolphins and whales about as much as she does. My new adventure is finding her a whale costume for Halloween. So far I can only find them on ebay but they are all 3 sizes too big or $50... I am still trying to convince her to be a penguin (gymboree has a cute one) or Snow White which we have in the closet.

No comments:
Post a Comment