Sammy has been talking about Toy Story 3 with all the hype out there so I decided we needed to watch Toy Story 1 first so she knew at least some of the characters. Last Friday I was still flying solo with Andy in China again for work and it was so stormy outside...I figured it would be a good Mommy daughters activity for the night. I picked the girls up from daycare and we talked all the way home about watching Toy Story after we had pizza! Then I realized I have no idea where the box is after moving with my Disney movies in it..on VHS..wow I am old.. : )
I ran down to the basement and dug a bit and found the box...Toy Story was on top..thank you God! Then I get upstairs and realize we no longer have a VCR hooked up..I know we have one but where is it and can I hook it up if I even find it...luckily the girls played well without me for the time I was running around the house like a crazy woman... I finally find the VCR in a box and luckily there were component cables in the box as well. So Mommy did it..I just plugged the VCR right into the front of the TV and left it sitting on the floor ghetto style! We had fruit snacks and watched Toy Story 1! I forgot how much adult humor is in those movies..Sammy liked it but didn't really seem to get attached to it at all. But I think she understood it more than I realized--before bed she looked at me and said "Mom, I sleep with different animals all the time..not just one." I told her that was OK..then she said "then there shouldn't be one that gets sad right?" It was cute to see her concern... I am a little nervous that she is now never going to want to get rid of any toys cause they have feelings...

1 comment:
We took Landen to Toy Story 3 as his first movie at the theater. Landen likes 2 & 3 much better than 1, maybe your kids will also. Funny we have Toy Story 2 on VHS also.
Post a Comment