I finally got an appointment for Sammy's 3 year check up. She was a total HAM at the doctor's office entertaining all of the nurses. Most of the office knows us well from my pregnancy but she was in rare form. Sam is 30 lbs and 36.5inches tall. She is in about he 40th percentile I guess. My doctor doesn't dwell on that at all. While we waited for the doctor to come in Sammy was playing doctor. She would spin from the desk and pretending to type on a computer to turning towards Daddy and checking his legs and his head. It was so cute but of course I didn't have the camera.
She meets all the norms for a 3 year old and then some..
Dr. Shih laughed at a few of the questions...Can she say 3 words.. (in less than 3 seconds) Does she know 3 colors? (YES--LOTS!!) Can she count to 3? (or 20..) Then we did have to answer a few of them like can she peddle a tricycle--she just started this this spring, she had to stand on one foot, can she dress herself (Sammy isn't the best at this one), and finally is she going potty!!!! I was happy to hear she is doing well. I have been concerned about her ankles and feet rolling inward a lot lately and she is still very knock kneed. The doctor said this is very normal but of course being the dancer Mom I may have her reevaluated by a physical therapist. Dr. Shih also recommended Stride Rite Shoes.

1 comment:
I need an update on you! Have you had that baby yet or what?
Post a Comment