I am sorry I haven't been able to call or email all of you individually.... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!!!!!
Well surgery is over...for now. Thursday they took out the right lobe of my thyroid and the nodule. I was in surgery for about 2.5 hours. They were still not able to determine 100% that it is or isn't cancerous so they have to send it out to the lab. We will get the results Wednesday when I get my stitches out. If it is cancerous I will have to have surgery again..but my doctor said everything looked good so she would be very surprised if it is cancerous. I came home Friday about 2 pm. I am sore and it hurts to swallow a bit but I am eating and drinking pretty well. My incision is about 3 inches across just below the middle of my neck and I am sure it will be a pretty nasty scar. I guess I will have to learn to accessorize better to cover it up. : )
I was able to 'pump and dump' for 24 hours so I am still nursing Alaina.
Thank you to my Mom who stayed at the hospital on Thursday night. Andy had to go home to be with Alaina so my Mom stayed with me and she was great. I would have never gotten the nurses to help me pump every 3-4 hours! Thank you to Andy's Mom and Dad too. They let Sammy spend the night on Thursday and took Sammy to her cousin's birthday party today.
I will update more as I can and I have some pictures to post of the girls and my stories about going back to work on Mon- Wed but I need to go to bed!

1 comment:
We are so glad to hear that it appears you are in the clear. Please let us know if you need help with the kids, food, etc. We are happy to help!
Post a Comment