I had my first Non-Stress Test today and it went OK. It was a little frustrating
because I didn't know what to expect, it was at the hospital in the maternal fetal
department which is about a mile from the parking garage, and I had to miss 2 hours of work in the middle of the day... The poor nurse had to hold the monitor almost the whole time by hand on my belly cause little Miss Lady was moving "TOO MUCH" and the monitor couldn't keep up with her. This doctor who I didn't know came in and said the baby wasn't cooperating... I thought wow what does that mean... So anyway we couldn't get a very good long heart rate reading--it looked good when she wasn't kicking the monitor off. The doctor then did an ultrasound to make sure the baby wasn't measuring big from the diabetes and it was fun to see the baby again. He kept asking me questions about my pregnancy with Samantha and family history and I had trouble answering the questions. PREGNANT BRAIN!!! I had some light headed-
ness after a few minutes laying on my back on the table and had to roll on my side before I passed out. This doctor said everything was measuring just fine and I got to see the baby yawn and "practice" breathing. She is still "a she" and weighs approx 5 pounds 6
ozs and is an estimated 17.5 inches long. Which is right on track to having about a 7 and a half pound baby. (Sammy was 7lbs 6 oz). You can really see that nose! : )

I am finally posting the dreaded belly shot.... For thinking I haven't gotten THAT BIG... I look at this picture and can't help but say WOW I am huge!!!! This was LATE last night so I am not looking my best : ).
2 comments:
I think you look cute!!
thank you Mandy! You are braver than me to post the naked belly shots. I took one but couldn't post it! : )
Post a Comment